Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

SEE HERE FOR DETAILS

So, what decks do you think will see play at PT Amsterdam?

Gogo kithkin!! :P

Seriously though, I reckon Seismic Swans w/ Treasure Hunt could be a contender, as well as new versions of B/W and G/W tokens, and a URG LD deck.

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bleurgh, if Standard wasn't bad enough, we now have to play those same decks for an extra two years!

Extended was probably my favourite format, but with change it is gone. I can only imagine they are going to announce that new Masques+ Legacy format soon.
Eugh now I have noo idea what im playing on the PT. Merfolk is tempting, but probably not powerful enough. Teachings might just be good Gary lol, although probs not with the flying menace still going. Jund will be good too.
I imagine articles will start going up on CF/SCG at some point next week about this change, which will be a good start

Myself and i'm sure others, what with this being "new and exciting", can come up with first drafts of obviously not-totally-crap decks (All the tribal stuff, teachings, swans, time sieve, 5cc, generic white weenie/red/boros), and play them a bit with you.

BUT... your best bet is probably to get Peter to put you in touch with Paulo, or get yourself on Facebook/Twitter and barn like a motherfucker. Apparently lots of pros will give you their lists in exchange for a percentage of any winnings you get, worth considering.

That Ginger One said:
Eugh now I have noo idea what im playing on the PT. Merfolk is tempting, but probably not powerful enough. Teachings might just be good Gary lol, although probs not with the flying menace still going. Jund will be good too.
Swans does look good. Is seismic assault gonna be legal in Amsterdam?
I think Charlie already has some decent PT connections through his team but the more help he can get the better I imagine.

Dan Barrett said:

BUT... your best bet is probably to get Peter to put you in touch with Paulo, or get yourself on Facebook/Twitter and barn like a motherfucker. Apparently lots of pros will give you their lists in exchange for a percentage of any winnings you get, worth considering.
In answer to my own question, no. It will not be legal. Therefore the deck isn't really very viable unless assault is reprinted

Amar Dattani said:
Pretty much, and lots of my team is qualified for the PT, and I was already planning on testing with the OJ's between Nats and the PT anyway, now we just have more work to be done... and there is no reason to give over a % of winnings in exchange for tech.

sokeeffe said:
I think Charlie already has some decent PT connections through his team but the more help he can get the better I imagine.
Dan Barrett said:

Seismic Assault is in 10th Edition, which doesn't rotate out until SoM is released, so will be legal at the PT.

Amar Dattani said:
In answer to my own question, no. It will not be legal. Therefore the deck isn't really very viable unless assault is reprinted

Amar Dattani said:
As I will be going to Amsterdam I would really appreciate any decklists you could give me so I can at qualify at the LCQs if Manchester doesn't go well did me in a few weeks.
I will be available for testing between nats and Amsterdam as well.
Is it worth trying to brainstorm archetypes yet?

Aggro: Zoo (nacatal, lion, ranger, scute mob, vengevine?), Merfolk, AIR, aggro fae, jund
Control : grixis, faeries (teachings fae?), 5CC, planeswalker control
Combo : ad nauseum? dredge/unearth? time sieve, turbo fog, conscription mythic, elves!
Midrange : some form of BG junk

what key pieces of old extended are going that were keeping the meta stable? chalice, jitte, hypergenesis?
this basically confirms the existence of the new eternal format though. which is of course only a good thing if i get to play mind's desire again
Goblins?

:D

Paul Hodgson said:
Is it worth trying to brainstorm archetypes yet?

Aggro: Zoo (nacatal, lion, ranger, scute mob, vengevine?), Merfolk, AIR, aggro fae, jund

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service