Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

SEE HERE FOR DETAILS

So, what decks do you think will see play at PT Amsterdam?

Gogo kithkin!! :P

Seriously though, I reckon Seismic Swans w/ Treasure Hunt could be a contender, as well as new versions of B/W and G/W tokens, and a URG LD deck.

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After a quick reload of my paypal, just bought 2 playsets of the faeries rares for £30. Feels like stealing.
Rite of Flame and Seething Song are both out. Deck is prob dead.

Paul Hodgson said:
how many red rituals are still in for AIR?
hmm, playeset of secluded glen for a fiver, sold!
and got the ruins for ~£14. Think I have the rest of the deck lying around already...

Wonder if there are any more recent viable additions to the faerie menace.

Paul Hodgson said:
hmm, playeset of secluded glen for a fiver, sold!
Deprive and that counterspell that counts how many creatures you control?
deprive might work, but tbh spellstutter does almost the same thing and beats down. Not sure there's a direct replacement for jitte, warhammer or collar maybe. I did like the look of some of the faeries decks that splashed R for blightning, might worth exploring grixis control with bitterblossom + mistbind

Dan Barrett said:
Deprive and that counterspell that counts how many creatures you control?
5 Colour Control with Jace? Would that be a good deck (I assume so). Wasn't playing in Lorwyn times so not really sure. Maybe with some stuff in SoM you could make a Blue control deck with Esper stuff and new stuff in, but it would probably be terrible.
Last good Standard was ... never?

Last bad Extended was ... never?

Let's make Extended more like ... Standard?

Err. Ahem. Excuse me?
got some Teferis for like 0.2 and a bunch of Syggs for 0.1

also grabbed some cheeky Colfenor's Plans on the off-chance that deck is any good again
also... HORDE OF NOTIONZZZ

Philip Dickinson said:
got some Teferis for like 0.2 and a bunch of Syggs for 0.1

also grabbed some cheeky Colfenor's Plans on the off-chance that deck is any good again
There is an official explanation here:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/twtw/95

Basically, no one can afford to play Extended. The quality of the format is not the issue.

I think this time next year they'll just scrap it altogether? I can't see why anyone would play this over Standard for all the same reasons they don't play Extended now? Am I wrong?
Why are you so negative? I thought I was bad.

To be honest I thought last extended season was rubbish. You either played ThopterDepths or played a deck that was less good. Sure other things won tournaments but it was by far the best deck.

Im kind of hating standard at the moment too but I think thats cause of card availability. Sure my Jund deck is awesome, but there is that level of varience there that you cant control. If I had U/W control for example all the tools are there to beat pretty much any deck.

Thomas David Baker said:
Last good Standard was ... never?

Last bad Extended was ... never?

Let's make Extended more like ... Standard?

Err. Ahem. Excuse me?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service