Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Hey guys,

www.SubmitYourDraft.com is finally available!  I'd really appreciate it if you guys could check it out, have a play around and let me know what you think.  You can use the site in one of two ways:

1. Submit your own MODO drafts, instructions are here: http://www.submityourdraft.com/faq

If you choose to do this, your draft will be available for rating by the rest of the community.

2. Critique other peoples drafts.  On a pick-by-pick basis you can decide if you agree or disgaree.  This will cause the pick to get a rating, modify the overall draft rating and modify the members overall rating.

If you don't want to do either of these, then feel free to just check it out and read the draft recaps.  However, signing up will literally take 30 seconds of your time, no email confirmations or anything painful like that, just the basic details.  Register here: http://www.submityourdraft.com/register

While using the site, if you get an error page, then the problem will be automatically flagged with me.  For all other issues, cosmetic, usability, suggestions etc then please leave me a message here or send me an email: ben.titmarsh@hotmail.co.uk

I'm hoping to build up a bit of a community of contributors and critics.  So to kick it all off, I've submitted a couple of my own drafts.  Please head over to submityourdraft.com and let me know what you think.  I look forward to your comments!

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats a good point, I never considered that people would use it this way. Maybe 4 or 5 hours would be a safer bet to catch people doing this. Just need Gary to confirm that whatever he was doing, it took longer than an hour.

Thom Richardson said:
but if gary "Left comments on the games as they happened then went to submit and it said error"

then he would have had it open the whole time he was playing.

i thought i'd point this out becuase it sounds like gary was doing ingame notes (which is really cool) and got timed out on
He is really slow, at everything, yea.

Ben Titmarsh said:
Just need Gary to confirm that whatever he was doing, it took longer than an hour.
Ok, after re-reading Gary's post, I'm convinced that he timed out. I've now added a Gary-buffer and upped the timeout to 6 hours.

Serious offer Gary, if you give it another go and it falls over again i'll get you a couple of pints in next time I see you... although I can't make saturday :(
Yeah I started doing it after I crushed my first round opp in 10 mins so it must have been the time out issue. Well spotted.

I have enough product for 2 drafts atm so will give it another try tonight.

Unrelated but people don't seem to realise that stoneforge mystic is buying at 4 tix, keep getting them about 4th pick :)

Ben Titmarsh said:
Ok, after re-reading Gary's post, I'm convinced that he timed out. I've now added a Gary-buffer and upped the timeout to 6 hours. Serious offer Gary, if you give it another go and it falls over again i'll get you a couple of pints in next time I see you... although I can't make saturday :(
Sounds to me like gary's crazy drafting must have been too erratic for the websiite to handle.

Good on u ben for setting in built standards for submitted drafts - don't want any of that Gary riff-raff nonsense clogging up the bandwidth.

Gary Lynch said:
Don't know what happened but I signed up last night and went through the whole process of submiting my draft. Left comments on the games as they happened then went to submit and it said error. Tried going back an doing it again but it didn't work. Tried removing some of the comments as I thought perhaps they were too long but still didn't work.

Gave up and was pretty pissed off that I had wasted so much time. Have no idea what caused this and really don't want to try going through it all again.

Ben Titmarsh said:
You spoke, I listened. CLASSIC VIEW IS BACK BABY. No one seemed to like the page-based shenanigans so I decided to cull it completely rather than letting people choose which view they wanted. Dan - Clicking on a card rather than choosing from a drop down is on my todo list fo' sho'.
You must have been using a lot of F6...

Gary Lynch said:
Yeah I started doing it after I crushed my first round opp in 10 mins so it must have been the time out issue. Well spotted.

I have enough product for 2 drafts atm so will give it another try tonight.

Unrelated but people don't seem to realise that stoneforge mystic is buying at 4 tix, keep getting them about 4th pick :)

Ben Titmarsh said:
Ok, after re-reading Gary's post, I'm convinced that he timed out. I've now added a Gary-buffer and upped the timeout to 6 hours. Serious offer Gary, if you give it another go and it falls over again i'll get you a couple of pints in next time I see you... although I can't make saturday :(
Ok, I'm 90% sure that you should be able to spend up to 6 hours writing the report (i.e. starting it before you play the matches, wrting match notes in live, then submitting). But because its difficult to properly test without ACTUALLY having 6 hours to spare, I'd suggest writing notes into word or something and then doing it all in one go at the end if you can?

Gary Lynch said:
Yeah I started doing it after I crushed my first round opp in 10 mins so it must have been the time out issue. Well spotted.

I have enough product for 2 drafts atm so will give it another try tonight.

Unrelated but people don't seem to realise that stoneforge mystic is buying at 4 tix, keep getting them about 4th pick :)

Ben Titmarsh said:
Ok, after re-reading Gary's post, I'm convinced that he timed out. I've now added a Gary-buffer and upped the timeout to 6 hours. Serious offer Gary, if you give it another go and it falls over again i'll get you a couple of pints in next time I see you... although I can't make saturday :(
Ben, I'm looking at Tom's M10 Swiss, and on the first pack second pick, some people are suggesting air elemental - but the only blue cards I can see are disorient and an island???

Oh no hang on - I just went back and it has appeared! perhaps you could add alt text so that something appears even if the card hasn't loaded?

p.s. this thing almost makes me want to sign up and play a game on the onlinez.
Thanks Tiff, would be great to see a draft up there from you! If you want to just comment on other peoples picks than you can create an account to do that without having to post any drafts.

I did put alt tags in a while back, and they seems to still be working for me. Which browser are you using?

Tiff Leek said:
Ben, I'm looking at Tom's M10 Swiss, and on the first pack second pick, some people are suggesting air elemental - but the only blue cards I can see are disorient and an island???

Oh no hang on - I just went back and it has appeared! perhaps you could add alt text so that something appears even if the card hasn't loaded?

p.s. this thing almost makes me want to sign up and play a game on the onlinez.
safari on mac..

I hovered over the blank bits wondering if the missing cards were there but noffin appeared..

I did almost sign up so I could agree with tom's trumpet blast pick.

yay trumpet blast!
You are right Tiff, it's actually not working in firefox either. I must've been testing in the dreaded Internet Explorer when I put this in originally. A quick google around informed me that firefox and safari use the title attribute (correctly) for this purpose. Added a bug to my backlog. Thanks!

Tiff Leek said:
safari on mac..

I hovered over the blank bits wondering if the missing cards were there but noffin appeared..

I did almost sign up so I could agree with tom's trumpet blast pick.

yay trumpet blast!
Just added the first PE draft, need that box Ben.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service