Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

http://www.mananation.com/pack-power-begins-april-23rd/

A guy is going to try and trade from a random booster pack up to a piece of the Power 9 a la the red paperclip guy.

(I'm a bit skeptical because no matter how many uptrades he does, what is he going to get to that someone would trade for power?  Those things only trade hands for money I'm fairly sure.  I guess he could trade up and up and up then sell everything and just buy a Timetwister or whatever the cheapest is.)

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jon Medina actually wrote an article on trading for power on his blog recently: www.mtgmetagame.com

Basically, you trade up to good standard cards, trade those for legacy cards, then trade those for Power stuff, and each time you lose a bit, so have to gain plenty of value in your like-for-like trades or by going back and forth.

Matt Light was saying the same thign when he did his thing at GP Brighton - different kinds of players evaluate cards differently, so you have to flit between them.
Does anyone think it is possible to turn this into some sort of event for Nationals?

Trade an M11 Booster for a Standard deck, then play a tournament.

Or is it likely to be spoilt by people cheating and what could be done to prevent it?
Trade a booster for a random pre-created pauper deck, then play in a pauper tournament? (assuming this is the same event you were thinking about pauper and other random casual events...)

Jason Howlett said:
Does anyone think it is possible to turn this into some sort of event for Nationals?

Trade an M11 Booster for a Standard deck, then play a tournament.

Or is it likely to be spoilt by people cheating and what could be done to prevent it?
It's ok am just walking back to the hotel from the magic store in Brussels (the one that spoiled part of new jace) having finished second in the draft - losing in the final 2-1 to a mon green monstrosity by alex who represented belguim at worlds.

Did some testing, going 1-1 with jund versus Sam black playing the tap out w/u deck and some trades with the son of the us ambassador to belguim.

Had a couple of €1.60 beers and a slice of cake to celebrate the owner's birthaday and even though it's quarter to one they still have about ten people testing standard.

Just like a typical magic night in London really.
While it's a cool idea, I'm afraid it seems completely unmanageable as a competitive enterprise without everyone involved being shadowed through the entire period of the process.

Jason Howlett said:
Does anyone think it is possible to turn this into some sort of event for Nationals?

Trade an M11 Booster for a Standard deck, then play a tournament.

Or is it likely to be spoilt by people cheating and what could be done to prevent it?
stevie_b said:
It's ok am just walking back to the hotel from the magic store in Brussels (the one that spoiled part of new jace) having finished second in the draft - losing in the final 2-1 to a mon green monstrosity by alex who represented belguim at worlds.

Did some testing, going 1-1 with jund versus Sam black playing the tap out w/u deck and some trades with the son of the us ambassador to belguim.

Had a couple of €1.60 beers and a slice of cake to celebrate the owner's birthaday and even though it's quarter to one they still have about ten people testing standard.

Just like a typical magic night in London really.

Sounds fun. If you see anyone with any foil japanese mystical teachings grab them for me.
Heh.

You gonna be about for some testing outside of TGC next month perhaps?

stevie_b said:
It's ok am just walking back to the hotel from the magic store in Brussels (the one that spoiled part of new jace) having finished second in the draft - losing in the final 2-1 to a mon green monstrosity by alex who represented belguim at worlds.

Did some testing, going 1-1 with jund versus Sam black playing the tap out w/u deck and some trades with the son of the us ambassador to belguim.

Had a couple of €1.60 beers and a slice of cake to celebrate the owner's birthaday and even though it's quarter to one they still have about ten people testing standard.

Just like a typical magic night in London really.
Problem with this whole thing is the ammount of time it would take you to do this you could have got a minimum wage job and earnt more money. Perhaps its different in America as there are probably more chumps to trade with. Over here your not gonna find that many people that will let you take advantage of them. I mean you pretty much only have the pre release and thats it.

Dan Barrett said:
Jon Medina actually wrote an article on trading for power on his blog recently: www.mtgmetagame.com

Basically, you trade up to good standard cards, trade those for legacy cards, then trade those for Power stuff, and each time you lose a bit, so have to gain plenty of value in your like-for-like trades or by going back and forth.

Matt Light was saying the same thign when he did his thing at GP Brighton - different kinds of players evaluate cards differently, so you have to flit between them.
Im up for that. Somewhere quite were we can bring our own beer preferably. Not being at work severely hinders your ability to spend money.

Dan Barrett said:
Heh.

You gonna be about for some testing outside of TGC next month perhaps?

stevie_b said:
It's ok am just walking back to the hotel from the magic store in Brussels (the one that spoiled part of new jace) having finished second in the draft - losing in the final 2-1 to a mon green monstrosity by alex who represented belguim at worlds.

Did some testing, going 1-1 with jund versus Sam black playing the tap out w/u deck and some trades with the son of the us ambassador to belguim.

Had a couple of €1.60 beers and a slice of cake to celebrate the owner's birthaday and even though it's quarter to one they still have about ten people testing standard.

Just like a typical magic night in London really.
I don't mind having people over to mine and we can drink whatever spirits i have about too, but Stevie said it was too small last time... :(
Steve? Complaining about something? Surely some mistake!

Dan Barrett said:
I don't mind having people over to mine and we can drink whatever spirits i have about too, but Stevie said it was too small last time... :(
The Wanderer Returns

28.03.10

Coming to a basement flat near you ...

Dan Barrett said:
I don't mind having people over to mine and we can drink whatever spirits i have about too, but Stevie said it was too small last time... :(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service