Demonic Tutor Constructed Leagues do not take place at set times. Instead they are played whenever two players from the league can get together. They are slightly formalized versions of casual games with a bit more at stake (Boosters! Honor! Glory! Your name in lights!)
Here are the rules for Season Three which will be in the Standard (post-Zendikar) format ...
- Decklists will be secret until the end of the league. This is a change to previous leagues. We're going to try it out this way and see if we like it better or not. Remember what your opponents played so you can check up on them at the end! :)
- Decklists must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Constructed League Decklist" before the end of Sunday 4th October 2009. Please do include that exact subject line so that my email software can ensure that the decklist remains secret even from me.
- All normal rules apply about deck sizes, etc.
- Matches are untimed.
- You may play any other player in the league at any time.
- You may only play any given player in the league once.
- Match results must be reported to email@example.com
- Matches up to and including Friday 6th November count for points. The league will then end and a winner will be declared.
- Matches may be played on MTGO or MWS if both participants agree.
- Any number of proxies are allowed. They must be full-size versions of the cards not simply names or altered basic lands. They can be color or black and white. (If you don't have access to a printer and need some proxies let me know.)
- 3 points will be awarded for a win.
- In the event of a tie on points the player who has played more matches will appear higher in the standings, to encourage maximum participation. After that the split will be on "games won" (not goal difference).
- Entry fee is a single booster pack or three pounds. Entry will be refunded for those players that do not play any matches. Prizes will be given out as follows:
- 1st place: Half of all booster entry fees, rounded up.
- 2nd place: Two thirds of the remaining boosters, rounded down.
- 3rd place: All remaining boosters.
- Wizards Play Network promos will be awarded for 1 "WPN point" where each match played gains 0.1 points and each match won gains 0.1 points for a maximum of 0.2 per match.
With 4 entrants -
1st ... 2 boosters
2nd ... 1 booster
3rd ... 1 booster
With 10 entrants -
1st ... 5 boosters
2nd ... 3 boosters
3rd ... 2 boosters
With 23 entrants -
1st ... 12 boosters
2nd ... 7 boosters
3rd ... 4 boosters