Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

So I wake up to find the latest pairings include two English players at 5-0 paired in Round 6.

National Champion Dan Gardner versus Eternal Champion Steve Bernstein.

Epic battle.

Who else is there that we know?

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well what do you know, Mr. B took it down. One of 24 players with 100% record in the Blue section.
Getting banned makes you do better at magic it's official!
Is Steve playing Jund?
Yeah and he is now 7-0 and a lock for day 2.

James Mills said:
Is Steve playing Jund?
Now 8-0.

Gary Lynch said:
Yeah and he is now 7-0 and a lock for day 2.

James Mills said:
Is Steve playing Jund?
Wow 9-0 day 1 seems pretty good...
What does he have to do to make top 8 tomorrow?

Gary Lynch said:
Now 8-0. Gary Lynch said:
Yeah and he is now 7-0 and a lock for day 2.

James Mills said:
Is Steve playing Jund?
9 and 0!!!

Take it down, Stevie B!


PS - say hi to my buddy Olivier Ruel for me :P
I think not lose 3 rounds and then he is t8.

Amar Dattani said:
Wow 9-0 day 1 seems pretty good... What does he have to do to make top 8 tomorrow?

Gary Lynch said:
Now 8-0. Gary Lynch said:
Yeah and he is now 7-0 and a lock for day 2.

James Mills said:
Is Steve playing Jund?
9-0

nice one steve.

just remeber to be nice to the judges on day 2
From twitter: "magicprotour: Day one is over - 6 perfect records head for day two".

I always said Steve was good. And Gary always said Steve was lucky. At least one of us is right!
Steve is both obv
Hey guys really glad to see you r enjoying the 9-0 - Thanks for the congrats, it still hasn't really sunk in yet. 

Because of the clock change I'm getting up at 530 old time - 430 uk time - to shower and travel to the venue for an 8am start! 

Matchups so far I've played, in order, jund, mythic, u/w Sam black, w/b/g junk landfall, all America control and finally jund.  

Couple of quick observations - I'm not playing jund, I'm playing "All Foil" jund -quite a few people came over just to see the foils in action which was pretty cool. 

Secondly the last match of day one at the top of the blue atandings I played a jund mirror (he had full set of broods and siege gang with 29 mana sources and main deck tectonic edge) to right of me was another jund mirror and to the left was jund losing to g/w/r allies with bloodbraid elf - crazy!! 

Wish me luck - will try and keep u guys posted.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service