Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Milton Keynes National Qualifier - Sunday 23rd May

So this Sunday sees our first NQ. The venue and time details can be found on the front page of our website www.mkmtg.co.uk in the events and find us links.

I reckon we can comfortably cater for 64 players, maybe more, and I think it's unlikely that we will get many more than that attending. However, if you are definitely coming I would strongly advise you to let me know in advance so that I can guarantee you a place. Email me on info@mkmtg.co.uk.

Kevin

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At the moment I am playing on driving to this event and will have space in my car.

I have not looked at what time I would be leaving or which route, but I live in Victoria Park and will have to drive through Islington, so can pick up people at Highbury and Islington station.

First call get the seats!

Jason
Hmm, Thorpe Park, or MK...

What's everyone's thoughts on geopede jund? Looks reasonably spicy, also liking the vengevine + sarkhan plan too.
I live in Islington so this sounds pretty good. What time do you plan on getting to H&I station?

Jason Savage said:
At the moment I am playing on driving to this event and will have space in my car.

I have not looked at what time I would be leaving or which route, but I live in Victoria Park and will have to drive through Islington, so can pick up people at Highbury and Islington station.

Jason
Do it!

Also, if you can be bothered to refine it and work out a decent sideboard, i'll send you the "HASTEINYOFACE", or "Jundless Jund" deck i was working on that Mills played around with a bit, it's fairly spicy. If you get blightninged first, you can get 15 hastey damage on turn 3.

Paul Hodgson said:
Hmm, Thorpe Park, or MK...

What's everyone's thoughts on geopede jund? Looks reasonably spicy, also liking the vengevine + sarkhan plan too.
It would be about 10 am on Sunday.

I will confirm on here later in the week.

Ben Titmarsh said:
I live in Islington so this sounds pretty good. What time do you plan on getting to H&I station?

Jason Savage said:

Jason
Thanks Gary. I wonder how good Jund will be by National time. Every UW or UWr I played against so far were really really hard marches. I knew I really need to win my first game otherwise I knew I would be in bad shape as it will always go to time.

Re: Dan, what is this spicy Jund list then? I am interested too. Also, com'on the rest of you, get down and good luck this weekend.

Gary Lynch said:
Well done Ray, Glad to have you on the list of Q'ed players. I guess im not arround enough any more, who is Pietro?

Raymond Wat said:
Sorry Tom, as Paul said I made it at Portsmouth so won't be going to MK (even not Q'ed, I won't be able to go anyway due to previous committment). Would you need anymore cards for your Jund? Which version are you playing? Let me know and I will bring it on Tuesday to the club. Good luck.

@ Dan: the third Londoner was Pietro Aronica piloting Polymorph.

Thomas David Baker said:
Anyone going to this? I don't have my car this weekend so it'd be the 08:17 out of Euston, which is pretty ugly.

Google Maps says it's 59 minutes down the M1 from Brent Cross station which sounds much more like it. Ray - are you driving? :) I have my petrol money ready ...

After this there's just Coventry (29th) and Brighton (30th) and the LCQs.
I think Jund will still be good, just needs a little tweaking to improve the control matchups. I think knowing how to play the match up well is really important. Im considering more Malakir Bloodwitch's, possibly even main. Its a hard threat for them to deal with, pretty much needs a Wrath all on its own.

Im interested to see how the Geopede deck plays out now people are aware of it.

Raymond Wat said:
Thanks Gary. I wonder how good Jund will be by National time. Every UW or UWr I played against so far were really really hard marches. I knew I really need to win my first game otherwise I knew I would be in bad shape as it will always go to time.

Re: Dan, what is this spicy Jund list then? I am interested too. Also, com'on the rest of you, get down and good luck this weekend.

Gary Lynch said:
Well done Ray, Glad to have you on the list of Q'ed players. I guess im not arround enough any more, who is Pietro?

Raymond Wat said:
Sorry Tom, as Paul said I made it at Portsmouth so won't be going to MK (even not Q'ed, I won't be able to go anyway due to previous committment). Would you need anymore cards for your Jund? Which version are you playing? Let me know and I will bring it on Tuesday to the club. Good luck.

@ Dan: the third Londoner was Pietro Aronica piloting Polymorph.

Thomas David Baker said:
Anyone going to this? I don't have my car this weekend so it'd be the 08:17 out of Euston, which is pretty ugly.

Google Maps says it's 59 minutes down the M1 from Brent Cross station which sounds much more like it. Ray - are you driving? :) I have my petrol money ready ...

After this there's just Coventry (29th) and Brighton (30th) and the LCQs.
Hi all,

I am going Sunday. If you need a lift, I will be at Highbury and Islington station about 10am.

Call me on 07508 268648 to let me know.

Jason
Hey Jason,

That would be cool if you have a spare seat. But you won't make it in time for 11am start if you set off at 10am, will you?

Jason Savage said:
Hi all,

I am going Sunday. If you need a lift, I will be at Highbury and Islington station about 10am.

Jason
Sounds good to me too.

Jason Savage said:
Hi all,

Jason
Hi all,

I thought it was a doors open at 11 and not a start at 11, so the pick up time has to be 9.30am on Sunday.

Ben, I got your text.
Thomas, text me to confirm.

See you then.

Jason
Just to update you, I have 15 pre-reg'd so far. Sooner you guys email me the sooner I can guarantee you a place.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service